- Fits most standard SCUBA tanks. Dive times of 30-60 mins.
- Maintenance, use, and care of the breathing components are the same as regular SCUBA gear and can be done by any recommended SCUBA Service Center. Further product specifics are documented in the STEPDive User Guide.
- The main breathing air components are independently CE EN250 certified. The STEPDive system has been designed and tested in accordance with applicable sections of EN 250:2014 and EN 15333- 1:2008/AC:2009. It has been examined and reviewed by an independent, EU Notified Body laboratory, and conforms to the performance requirements of European safety regulations.
STEPDive is intended for light recreational use. Do not use:
- At depths greater than 5m
- In water temperatures outside 15-34 deg C
- In strong currents
- In high waves
- Distances far from land or boat
- In water where the overall depth is greater than 10m
- Usage and training is specifically designed for depths up to a maximum of 5m. Beyond this, STEPDive recommends/supports traditional SCUBA training.
- The owner of the system must be a certified SCUBA diver and be fully aware of the various effects and hazards of breathing compressed air underwater. They must be proficient in SCUBA diving safety techniques, regulator use, proper assembly and disassembly of complete scuba units (which include regulators and cylinders), and post dive regulator cleaning and storage. If the owner does not fully understand any one of the skills required for safe diving, it is essential that they seek retraining at a qualified facility before using the system.
- Do not extend the length of the hoses, or connect multiple hoses together. Do not dive beyond the maximum 5m depth of the system.
- Do not Use STEPDive around wrecks, kelp, caves, submerged trees, or other diving sites where the hose may have a risk of entanglement or being severed.
- All users should be in good health and be checked and cleared for diving by a medical professional.